Thursday, March 13, 2008

My zoo goes on a field trip

Sydney and Alex had their eyes checked today. As with most of my outings with 4 kids (my 3 plus my nephew Jackson) it was crazy!!! It is like trying to take the whole Orangutan exhibit at the zoo through an office filled with rows and rows of eye glasses hanging on the wall. By the way - you touch one and they all go down. I have to say that if you ever need an eye doctor in Leeds I can recomend Dr Pulliam and his staff. They did not seem to mind that we treated their glasses display like dominoes or that my nephew sang and shook his rattle for 2 1/2 hours non-stop (I think they put caffine in his formula today).

Having two visually impared parents has definitely caught up with my oldest two kids. Sydney has been wearing glasses for almost 2 years. I neglected to get her eyes checked last year and apparently that was a mistake, I dont think her current glasses are doing her a bit of good (other than making her look so cute). I know she will be happy to get her new ones, I dont know how she has been seeing the board at school. This was Alex's first eye check. He had a vision screening at school and was told that his left eye was a little nearsighted. We decided that it was because he keeps his hair in his eye all of the time. We even almost had him talked into cutting his hair. Then the doctor had to tell him that he cant see out of either eye and that he should keep his hair (Dr pulliam has a receading hair line). Hey thanks doc!
When they have their new glasses I will have to post a picture of them.

By 12:30 I had 2 of my little monkeys safely deposited at school and my other 2 back at home needing naps.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud that you know how to spell orangutan. Love you! Heather

MattD said...

Look you've got you're own little cheerleader!. Heather is so proud..psstt..(she googled it)

on the hair thing..ya know, we bought that clipper set and I'm just dying to try it out..

St. John Family said...

Matt,
I will hold him down, you shave his head!!!